LOS ANGELES, CA – Powell Library administrators at the University California, Los Angeles are reviewing the library’s lighting system after a desk lamp light bulb started a fire. A library staff member spotted the fire in the Reading Room while working one night. After calling the fire department, the librarian found a portable extinguisher and put out the fire before authorities arrived. UCLA facilities workers are taking further precautions by completing a thorough check of the library’s lamps, as they want to ensure the safety of the historic Powell Library.
Historic library saved with fire extinguisher
Posted on 3.24.17