5-year-old tells father to use fire extinguisher

Posted on 5.8.17

DALTON, GA – Thanks to the lessons learned at a recent fire station tour, a 5-year-old girl knew exactly what to do when a fire started in her bedroom. As she was playing in her room, she noticed a fire had started behind her toy box. She immediately ran out of her room to her parents, where she then told her father to go get a fire extinguisher and her mother to dial 911. As the mother did just that, while also evacuating the family from the house, the father used a portable fire extinguisher to put out the flames. The Whitfield County Fire Chief said that the fire started in the electrical socket, but was out when the fire department arrived.

The Daily Citizen (Dalton, GA)

« Back to Articles