DALTON, GA – Thanks to the lessons learned at a recent fire station tour, a 5-year-old girl knew exactly what to do when a fire started in her bedroom. As she was playing in her room, she noticed a fire had started behind her toy box. She immediately ran out of her room to her parents, where she then told her father to go get a fire extinguisher and her mother to dial 911. As the mother did just that, while also evacuating the family from the house, the father used a portable fire extinguisher to put out the flames. The Whitfield County Fire Chief said that the fire started in the electrical socket, but was out when the fire department arrived.