Charcoal grill starts apartment fire

Posted on 6.6.17

PULLMAN, WA – Fire authorities are warning people to be extra careful, and have a fire extinguisher on-hand, when using charcoal grills after briquettes in Pullman, WA caught on fire a month after they were used. The Pullman Fire Department responded to a call about a deck fire one recent Sunday morning. When they arrived, the apartment tenants had already put out the fire using a portable fire extinguisher. The Pullman Fire Chief told reporters that research has found that wet briquettes can spontaneously combust in the right conditions, which he believes is what happened in this situation.

KLEW TV (Pullman, WA)

« Back to Articles