PORTLAND, OR – A family of five was in their home when their newly purchased hover board burst into flames on the house’s staircase. The family’s sons were upstairs in their bedrooms, while the two parents were down stairs. The father quickly grabbed a portable fire extinguisher to put out the flames coming from the hover board. Meanwhile, the sons were following the family’s emergency escape plan, which allowed the boys to safely climb down the side of the house using an emergency ladder.
Teen escapes hover board fire using family escape plan
Posted on 8.30.17