Elementary school fire put out with extinguisher

Posted on 4.19.18

SAUGUS, MA – Two Oaklandvale Elementary School cafeteria workers were recently commended at a school committee meeting for their quick response to a kitchen fire. Earlier this month, an electrical fire started while the two women were preparing the day’s meals. The women worked as a team to remove some nearby cardboard, notify school staff, and call the fire department. Additionally, they successfully used a portable fire extinguisher to put out the flames. No one was injured as a result of the fire and the cafeteria workers were able to finish preparing food for the school’s students.

WickedLocal (Saugus, MA)

« Back to Articles