Fire caused by candle put out with extinguisher

Posted on 7.14.18

AUGUSTA, ME — The residents of a two-story home in Augusta had to jump into action after the buildings smoke detectors alerted them to a fire. The mother and daughter were able to control the flames with their portable fire extinguisher until fire fighters arrived. The fire is believed to have been started by a candle that was left unattended in another room of the house. While no one was injured because of the fire, the home did sustain minor damage. The two women stayed in an alternate location that evening because firefighters needed to shut down the electricity during their response.

Central Maine News (Augusta, ME)

« Back to Articles