Articles

Homeowner uses portable extinguisher to contain electrical fire until Firefighters arrive

Posted on 6.7.16

HAZELTOWN, PA – Quick action by a homeowner controlled a small electrical fire in his basement and prevented it from spreading further. The homeowner noticed the fire after investigating his electrical panel box. After finding smoke in the basement, he successfully deployed his portable extinguisher to begin extinguishing the fire. According to Valley Regional Fire […]

Read Full Story »

Driver uses extinguisher to contain car fire on U.S. Highway 12 in Atwater

Posted on 6.7.16

ATWATER, MN – A car and semi-truck were involved in a collision on U.S highway 12 in Atwater. The semi-truck had stopped to make a left turn when the car rear-ended the truck. The car caught fire upon impact, yet the fire was able to be contained by the semi-truck driver using his portable fire […]

Read Full Story »

AAA Fire Extinguisher Co. driver helps extinguish grass fire off I-95 in Etna

Posted on 6.2.16

ETNA, ME – An employee of AAA Fire Extinguisher Co. assisted in extinguishing a grass fire on Interstate 95. The employee was traveling from Bangor to Augusta in a company vehicle when he noticed smoke on the highway around 11:30 a.m. Upon further inspection he realized it was a grass fire. He then pulled over […]

Read Full Story »

Fire extinguisher used by an employee at assisted living facility

Posted on 5.30.16

GRAY, ME – An assisted living facility fire was contained with no injuries thanks to the quick thinking of a staff member using a fire extinguisher. Residents of Gray Manor are now back at the facility. Gray’s Fire Captain said crews were called to the assisted living facility around 6:05am for a small bedroom fire […]

Read Full Story »

World’s largest solar power plant near Nevada border saved by fire extinguisher

Posted on 5.20.16

NIPTON, CA – A fire at the Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System broke out after a mirror misalignment caused sunlight to burn through electrical wiring. The fire began around 9:30am, according to a Facebook post from the San Bernardino County Fire Department. Fire officials said that flames could be seen near the ninth floor of […]

Read Full Story »

Quick-Thinking Employee Helps Minimize Damage by using a Fire Extinguisher

Posted on 5.4.16

ABERDEEN, WA – The quick actions of an employee kept a small fire from becoming a large fire in the warehouse of a business that sells harbor equipment, according to a press release from the Aberdeen Fire Department. An employee said that he was getting ready to lock up the building for the night when […]

Read Full Story »

Assisted living center saved by employee with a fire extinguisher

Posted on 4.27.16

ALBANY, GA – Fire authorities in southern Georgia are warning residents to make sure that all electrical items are properly plugged into electrical outlets. This warning was prompted due to a fire that broke out at the Morningside Assisted Living Center. Investigators said a fire started in one of the rooms due to an air […]

Read Full Story »

Fire extinguisher used in rescuing two children from a car on fire

Posted on 4.27.16

CHEYENNE, WY – Several witnesses recounted the extraordinary efforts of four strangers after a car rear-ended a truck just outside of a gas station. Immediately after the driver of the truck was struck by the car, he recalls being able to hearing screaming coming from the car behind him. While he jumped out of his […]

Read Full Story »