Articles

Quick-Thinking Employee Helps Minimize Damage by using a Fire Extinguisher

Posted on 5.4.16

ABERDEEN, WA – The quick actions of an employee kept a small fire from becoming a large fire in the warehouse of a business that sells harbor equipment, according to a press release from the Aberdeen Fire Department. An employee said that he was getting ready to lock up the building for the night when […]

Read Full Story »

Assisted living center saved by employee with a fire extinguisher

Posted on 4.27.16

ALBANY, GA – Fire authorities in southern Georgia are warning residents to make sure that all electrical items are properly plugged into electrical outlets. This warning was prompted due to a fire that broke out at the Morningside Assisted Living Center. Investigators said a fire started in one of the rooms due to an air […]

Read Full Story »

Fire extinguisher used in rescuing two children from a car on fire

Posted on 4.27.16

CHEYENNE, WY – Several witnesses recounted the extraordinary efforts of four strangers after a car rear-ended a truck just outside of a gas station. Immediately after the driver of the truck was struck by the car, he recalls being able to hearing screaming coming from the car behind him. While he jumped out of his […]

Read Full Story »

Fire extinguisher stops smoldering fire at Pittsfield Business

Posted on 4.19.16

PITTSFIELD, MA – Pittsfield fire authorities were called to a local furniture business during the work day because of a smoldering fire in the back loading dock. Before the fire department arrived, an employee in the business’s wood working shop grabbed a portable fire extinguisher to spray the fire. He was able to completely put […]

Read Full Story »

Fire extinguisher used to douse flames after laptop explodes

Posted on 3.29.16

AUSTIN, TX – A recent scare in co-working space was caused when an older model laptop started to smoke, and then burst into flames. The woman using the laptop had been working for a couple hours when the computer started to loudly buzz right before it started to smoke. The other people using the co-working […]

Read Full Story »

Elementary school principal puts out trash can fire with an extinguisher

Posted on 3.28.16

ENID, OK – The students of Adams Elementary School were evacuated due to a fire in the basement of the school. The principal of the elementary school said teachers had reported that there was smoke coming from basement, which prompted the fire alarm and the evacuation. As the school evacuated, the principal ran down to […]

Read Full Story »

Cameras capture fire extinguisher putting out e-cigarette blast

Posted on 2.24.16

OWENSBORO, KY – A Shell Gas Station surveillance video caught the dramatic footage of when an e-cigarette battery exploded in the pocket of a customer. The video shows the Owensboro, KY man standing in line when sparks started erupting from his pocket. Two Shell Gas Station employees witness the explosion as the man ran outside […]

Read Full Story »

Fast food restaurant customer stops fire with an extinguisher

Posted on 2.23.16

KNOXVILLE, IA – Knoxville Fire and Rescue had to be called to the Hardee’s in Knoxville, IA when a coffee pot malfunctioned. The malfunction caused sparks to shoot out of the top of the coffee maker. A customer who was nearby, swiftly grabbed a portable fire extinguisher and put out the fire before it could […]

Read Full Story »