Fast food restaurant customer stops fire with an extinguisher

Posted on 2.23.16

KNOXVILLE, IA – Knoxville Fire and Rescue had to be called to the Hardee’s in Knoxville, IA when a coffee pot malfunctioned. The malfunction caused sparks to shoot out of the top of the coffee maker. A customer who was nearby, swiftly grabbed a portable fire extinguisher and put out the fire before it could spread. When police and firefighters arrived, the fire was completely extinguished. There were no injuries from the malfunction, and the Hardee’s had to briefly close for cleaning purposes.

KNIA KRLS

« Back to Articles