Cameras capture fire extinguisher putting out e-cigarette blast

Posted on 2.24.16

OWENSBORO, KY – A Shell Gas Station surveillance video caught the dramatic footage of when an e-cigarette battery exploded in the pocket of a customer. The video shows the Owensboro, KY man standing in line when sparks started erupting from his pocket. Two Shell Gas Station employees witness the explosion as the man ran outside and attempted to take his pants off. One of the employees quickly grabbed a portable fire extinguisher, ran after the man, and was able to completely put out the flames. Another customer, who watched the event unfold, drove the victim to the Owensboro Health Regional Hospital where he was treated for second degree burns on his leg.

KSN

« Back to Articles