Elementary school principal puts out trash can fire with an extinguisher

Posted on 3.28.16

ENID, OK – The students of Adams Elementary School were evacuated due to a fire in the basement of the school. The principal of the elementary school said teachers had reported that there was smoke coming from basement, which prompted the fire alarm and the evacuation. As the school evacuated, the principal ran down to the basement, where she saw flames coming out of a trash can. She then grabbed a portable fire extinguisher and started to put out the flames. The principal had completely put out the fire by the time the fire authorities arrived on the scene, and there was no damage caused, aside from the trash can. As soon as the scene was inspected, and the fire alarm was shut off, students were then allowed back into the building.

Enid News

« Back to Articles