Fire extinguisher used to douse flames after laptop explodes

Posted on 3.29.16

AUSTIN, TX – A recent scare in co-working space was caused when an older model laptop started to smoke, and then burst into flames. The woman using the laptop had been working for a couple hours when the computer started to loudly buzz right before it started to smoke. The other people using the co-working space jumped up to run away from the area where the laptop was on fire. The owner of the co-working space and another user quickly grabbed a portable fire extinguisher and used it to douse the flames. There were no injuries caused by the incident, and only minor damage caused to the co-working space.

KXAN

« Back to Articles