Homeowner uses portable extinguisher to contain electrical fire until Firefighters arrive

Posted on 6.7.16

HAZELTOWN, PA – Quick action by a homeowner controlled a small electrical fire in his basement and prevented it from spreading further. The homeowner noticed the fire after investigating his electrical panel box. After finding smoke in the basement, he successfully deployed his portable extinguisher to begin extinguishing the fire. According to Valley Regional Fire Captain Joseph Minzola, his crew responded to the Butler Township home around 2 p.m. to find that the homeowner had used his extinguisher to knock down the flames to a smolder. Firefighters assisted in further extinguishing the fire and reported it was under control upon arrival. No injuries were reported in the incident.

Freemont Tribune(Freemont, NE)

« Back to Articles