Albany City Employee Saves Resident from House Fire

Posted on 8.19.16

ALBANY, GA- An Albany Utilities technician saved a family, and their home, after a stove caught on fire from an electrical shortage. At the time that the fire started, five members of the family were inside the house, and the utilities technician was working at a house three doors away. When the technician heard the homeowner exclaiming that there was a fire, he grabbed the portable fire extinguisher he had with him and sprang into action. It only took the technician about five minutes to put out the fire using the extinguisher. Due to his quick-thinking, only the stove was damaged from the fire.

WALB News10 (Albany, GA)

« Back to Articles