Wal-Mart employee stops electrical fire with an extinguisher

Posted on 10.11.16

COLUMBIA, MO – A Wal-Mart employee called the Columbia Fire Department when a small electrical fire started in the store’s meat department. The employee then put out the fire using a portable fire extinguisher. It took the Columbia Fire Department only five minutes to dispatch to the store, but officials state that the fire was already extinguished before they arrived. The fire started in the cooling unit of a stationary meat rack according to the official press release.

Columbia Tribune

« Back to Articles