Electrical fire at elementary school stopped with fire extinguisher

FAIR GROVE, MO- Students at the Fair Grove elementary school had to be evacuated after an electric fire in one of the bathrooms filled the school with smoke. The teacher that discovered the fire, first notified the administration, and then used a portable fire extinguisher to put out the flames. Upon arrival, the fire department made sure the fire would not reignite, and then helped clear smoke from the school. The fire was started by a fan in the bathroom that shorted out.

Springfield News-Leader (Springfield, MO)

« Back to Articles