Extinguisher puts out grease fire at a Kentucky Fried Chicken

NILES, MI- No one was injured when the Niles Fire Department responded to a grease fire at a Kentucky Fried Chicken. Workers first noticed a fire underneath the fryer, but then the flames spread upward. As some employees called 911 and evacuated the restaurant, other workers used a portable fire extinguisher to put out the flames. When the fire department arrived, the flames had been extinguished and damage had been limited to the frying machine.

The Herald Palladium (Niles, MI)

« Back to Articles