Fire extinguishers save lives

BALTIMORE, MD – Howard County, MD residents retold the story of how a smoldering match almost cost them the contents of their house. On New Year’s Day, the homeowner was lighting candles in her house when the tip of lit match broke off and disappeared under a dresser. Soon after, the husband and wife discovered a quickly growing fire in their bedroom closet. Luckily, the homeowners had a portable fire extinguisher nearby, and the husband was able to put the fire out before it was able to spread. The couple had one piece of advice to share from the experience: “Please check with all your loved ones and friends to be sure they have a fire extinguisher and know how to use it.”

The Baltimore Sun (Baltimore, MD)

« Back to Articles