Cellphone fire put out with fire extinguisher

PUYALLUP, WA – Costco employees had to spring into action after a customer’s cellphone caught fire in his pants. The man was shopping when, abruptly, the cellphone in his pants pocket started smoking and burst into flames. As the man hurried to remove his pants, other customers and employees were alerted to the incident. The man was able to completely take off his pants, and an employee had grabbed a portable fire extinguisher to put out the flames. The store manager told reporters that the customer was not injured as a result of the fire.

KOMO News (Puyallup, WA)

« Back to Articles