3D printer fire at a high school put out with an extinguisher

WEEDSPORT, NY — At Weedsport Junior-Senior High School, a fire began due to a malfunction with the school’s 3D printer. While students were being evacuated from the building, a school staff member was able to put out the flames using a portable fire extinguisher before the local fire department arrived. The Superintendent applauded the personnel inside the school for utilizing the skills that they learned during fire safety drills. The school resumed classes once the area was deemed safe again, but closed off the three rooms that were impacted by the fire. The school also halted all use of 3D printers for the time being.

Auburn Pub (Weedsport, NY)

« Back to Articles