Sawdust to blame for small fire on campus

Posted on 4.24.19

LANSING, MI – Students at Lansing Community College were able to return to class after a fire broke out in the school’s wood working shop. The fire department was called to the college after a fire was discovered and had started to fill a portion of the building with smoke. Thanks to the quick action of a staff member, the fire was put out using a portable extinguisher before they were able to arrive. The fire department determined that sawdust got into the external dust collector, where it smoldered and caught fire.

WILX News 10 (Lansing, MI)

« Back to Articles