Citizens reminded of why to have fire extinguishers

Posted on 4.24.19

CALIFORNIA, MD – A photographer for Southern Maryland News Net was in the right place at the right time. When the Bay District Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to a residence on Nicholas Court for a kitchen fire, he was only one block away. After arriving a few moments later, the photographer found the home’s occupants standing outside, where they told him they had attempted to put out the fire using a bag of flour, but were not successful. Luckily, the photographer had recently bought a portable fire extinguisher for his vehicle, and was able to use it to put out the rest of the flames, saving the family’s home.

Southern Maryland News Net (California, MD)

« Back to Articles