Bathroom fire and the portable extinguisher that could

Posted on 8.19.19

Orcas Island Fire and Rescue seal

Orcas Island, WA – Orcas Island Fire and Rescue was dispatched on Aug. 15 to a small fire located in a public restroom. The fire appeared to have been started by someone igniting a piece of toilet paper located in a plastic dispenser. Thanks to the ready location of a fire extinguisher and the quick work of an individual nearby, the flames were knocked down before extensive damage was done to the building. San Juan County Fire Marshal R.J. Myers commented that “its interventions such as this that show the importance of having extinguishers nearby, both in our homes and businesses.”

The Islands’ Sounder (Orcas Island, WA)

« Back to Articles