Two kitchen fires reported in 24 hours

Posted on 1.31.20

Bend, OR – Two kitchen fires were reported within hours of each other in January in Bend, OR. The first fire started around 11am at an apartment complex after a stovetop was turned on to boil water. A coffee carousel was accidentally left in range of the burner and caught fire. Residents were evacuated after the fire broke out, but the tenant was able to extinguish the flames using a portable fire extinguisher. The second fire occurred later that evening when a 20-year-old microwave caught fire while operating. The fire was also put out using a portable extinguisher, which limited damage to the home.

KTVZ News (Bend, OR)

« Back to Articles