Fire caused by phone charger put out with extinguisher

Posted on 2.2.20

Beverly, MA – A Beverly couple woke up recently to the sound of their fire alarm alerting them to a fire in the kitchen. After leaving their phones to charge in the kitchen overnight, one of the chargers caught fire with the flames quickly spreading in the kitchen. The couple was able to contain the flames by using a portable fire extinguisher they had just received as a gift. When the firefighters arrived, they were able to put out the remainder of the flames. While the kitchen was heavily damaged, no injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

WCVB (Boston, MA)

« Back to Articles