Electrical shortage in bathroom prompts evacuation

Posted on 2.7.20

Indian River County, FL – On a Friday morning, firefighters responded to the report of a small fire at a Children’s Discovery Center. The fire started in the bathroom of the center after an electrical outlet shorted. After smelling a strange odor coming from one of the vents in the bathroom, a staff member located
the fire and put it out using a portable fire extinguisher. The children were immediately evacuated and eventually sent home for the day. No one was harmed and the fire was extinguished before fire authorities arrived.

Treasure Coast News (Palm Bay, FL)

« Back to Articles