Hoverboard fire put out with extinguisher

Posted on 5.11.20

Kingston Fire Department

Kingston, MA – A fire broke out at a single-family home in Kingston, MA due to a charging hoverboard. The charging cord, which was being used for the first time, caused the hoverboard’s battery pack to explode. The residents put out the fire with a portable fire extinguisher on their own and reported the fire to authorities. While the house suffered some damage, no one was injured as a result of the fire.

Boston Globe (Kingston, MA)

« Back to Articles