Extinguisher saves house from fire

Eagle Nest Township, MN — A homeowner in Eagle Nest Township used a portable fire extinguisher to put out a fire on his kitchen stove. The homeowner, Ryan Bajan, had left his groceries on an electric burner which caught on fire. After hearing fire alarms and seeing smoke filling the room, he quickly made sure everyone in the building got to safety. After making sure no one was left in the home, he jumped to action and used the portable extinguisher to extinguish the fire before fire fighters arrived. After the fire was controlled, Bajan told reporters that if he didn’t have the extinguisher, the damage to his home would have been even more severe. He encouraged everyone to keep a fire extinguisher on hand.

The Ely Echo (Ely, MN)

« Back to Articles