Salem firefighters save family’s Thanksgiving dinner after their turkey catches on fire

Manchester, NH – A potential disaster was averted by a Salem, NH family after a kitchen fire broke out on Thanksgiving. While preparing Thanksgiving dinner, the homeowner noticed that their turkey had caught fire and engulfed the family’s oven. Fortunately, she had a portable fire extinguisher nearby and rushed to put out the flames while a family member dialed 911. When firefighters arrived on scene, they found the fire completely extinguished and the family safe. Although the turkey was lost, damage to the home was limited.

WMUR – Manchester, NH


« Back to Articles