Tenants put out kitchen fire, avert disaster

Cortland, NY – When a fire broke out in the kitchen of a Cortland, NY home, tenants quickly jumped into action to avoid disaster. Following a 911 call, Cortland firefighters responded to the home to find smoke coming from the second floor. By the time they entered the home, a tenant had already used a portable fire extinguisher to put out the fire and began ventilating the room. After the incident, Cortland fire officials noted that thanks to the tenant’s actions, the home suffered no structural damage.

WXHC – Homer,NY


« Back to Articles