Hospital fire put out with extinguisher

Posted on 7.15.18

COOPERSTOWN, NY — During a recent Sunday morning, an overhead lamp ballast at the Bassett Medical Center caught on fire, causing it to melt and burn. When firefighters responded to the scene, they found that it had already been put out by a hospital staff member using a portable fire extinguisher. While no one was injured as a result of the fire, four hospital patients had to be relocated to other rooms while their original spaces were cleaned. Thanks to the staff member’s actions, none of the equipment in the hospital was damaged and the staff members were able to continue helping any walk-in patients.

The Daily Star (Oneonta, NY)

« Back to Articles