Teen uses extinguisher to prevent potential disaster

Posted on 7.5.19

Beaufort, SC — Recently, a fifteen year old girl became her family’s savior when she prevented their home from going up in flames. While preheating the oven on a Friday night, the girl watched a spark catch the oven on fire. Swiftly, she grabbed a nearby portable fire extinguisher and smothered the growing blaze. Although smoke continued to fill the house as fire fighters arrived, the flames had been completely stamped out. Only the oven was damaged as a result of the fire.

The Beaufort Gazette (Bluffton, SC)

« Back to Articles