Posted on 3.28.16
ENID, OK – The students of Adams Elementary School were evacuated due to a fire in the basement of the school. The principal of the elementary school said teachers had reported that there was smoke coming from basement, which prompted the fire alarm and the evacuation. As the school evacuated, the principal ran down to […]
Posted on 2.24.16
OWENSBORO, KY – A Shell Gas Station surveillance video caught the dramatic footage of when an e-cigarette battery exploded in the pocket of a customer. The video shows the Owensboro, KY man standing in line when sparks started erupting from his pocket. Two Shell Gas Station employees witness the explosion as the man ran outside […]
Posted on 2.23.16
KNOXVILLE, IA – Knoxville Fire and Rescue had to be called to the Hardee’s in Knoxville, IA when a coffee pot malfunctioned. The malfunction caused sparks to shoot out of the top of the coffee maker. A customer who was nearby, swiftly grabbed a portable fire extinguisher and put out the fire before it could […]
Posted on 12.30.15
PINE BLUFF, AR – A fire at a restaurant early Wednesday morning resulted in smoke damage but no injuries. The restaurant owner said that fire started in the kitchen when a can of cooking spray fell on a hot stove and exploded. She stated that she was in the dining room when she heard the […]
Are You Safe? Does your building require fire extinguishers throughout?
Every state has a State Fire Code with a section on fire extinguisher requirements. To get an overview of what state fire codes are based on and if states have made enhancements to fire codes visit the Interactive Fire Safety Map.