Articles

Trash truck fire caused by batteries

Posted on 11.14.19

Trash truck fire caused by batteries

Jacksonville, NC – A fire started in a sanitation truck due to lithium batteries being incorrectly disposed of. According to the N.C. Department of Environmental Quality, this type of battery disposal is illegal. When the batteries were pushed into the back of the truck with flammable waste, they combusted and a fire erupted. The sanitation […]

Read Full Story »

High School fire put out with extinguisher

Posted on 11.14.19

High School fire put out with extinguisher

Tipp City, OH – A stage curtain at the Center for Performing Arts at the Tippecanoe High School caught fire this week. Due to the quick action of the school staff members who were on the scene, the fire was put out using a portable fire extinguisher prior to the fire department’s arrival. It’s believed […]

Read Full Story »

Cider Mill reopens after fire put out by extinguisher

Posted on 11.13.19

Cider Mill reopens after fire put out by extinguisher

Endicott, NY – The Cider Mill in Endicott caught fire one early morning this week. The fire was traced to an electrical outlet and when firefighters arrived on the scene, the staff had already been able to safely put it out with a portable extinguisher. Even though they had to close the shop for the […]

Read Full Story »

Fire extinguishers keep fire to a minimum

Posted on 9.26.19

Fire extinguishers keep fire to a minimum

Moose, WY – Multiple fire, EMS, and law enforcement units were called to a structure fire at a Wyoming vacation destination where several hundred people were attending a large dinner event. When authorities arrived, bystanders reported that all occupants had been evacuated and that the fire had started in a commercial kitchen. Resort staff had […]

Read Full Story »

Neighbor knocks down porch blaze using fire extinguisher

Posted on 9.18.19

Neighbor knocks down porch blaze using fire extinguisher

Manchester, NH – City firefighters said a neighbor extinguished a small blaze on the third floor of a home in Manchester, New Hampshire. According to the Manchester District Fire Chief, once the neighbor had noticed the fire, he quickly used a portable fire extinguisher to knock down the flames. When fire authorities arrived, they opened […]

Read Full Story »

Bathroom fire and the portable extinguisher that could

Posted on 8.19.19

Orcas Island Fire and Rescue seal

Orcas Island, WA – Orcas Island Fire and Rescue was dispatched on Aug. 15 to a small fire located in a public restroom. The fire appeared to have been started by someone igniting a piece of toilet paper located in a plastic dispenser. Thanks to the ready location of a fire extinguisher and the quick […]

Read Full Story »

Hoverboard fire put out with portable extinguisher

Posted on 8.17.19

hoverboard explosion

New Castle, PA – A Pittsburg family woke late one Saturday night to find that a charging hoverboard had caught on fire in their home. The homeowner told fire authorities that the flames were up to the ceiling. The father of the family used a portable fire extinguisher to put out the fire. The fire […]

Read Full Story »

Portable Extinguisher used in Elementary School Fire

Posted on 8.14.19

Fire at Northridge Elementary school release

Northridge, ND – The Bismarck Fire Department was called to the Northridge Elementary School after a fire was reported in a basement storage area. However, a school employee was able to put out the flames using a portable fire extinguisher before the fire department arrived. There were no injuries and the damage was limited to […]

Read Full Story »

Fire Safety Map

Are You Safe? Does your building require fire extinguishers throughout?
Every state has a State Fire Code with a section on fire extinguisher requirements. To get an overview of what state fire codes are based on and if states have made enhancements to fire codes visit the Interactive Fire Safety Map.

View Map »