Articles

Hikers extinguish small fire

Hikers extinguish small fire

Colorado Springs, CO – A group of good Samaritans spotted a small fire while hiking and rushed to put it out before firefighters got to the scene. They spotted the fire near the parking lot as their hike was ending. The group was able to find a portable fire extinguisher nearby and used it to […]

Read Full Story »

Fire extinguisher used to put out porch fire

Fire extinguisher used to put out porch fire

Portsmouth, NH – A man was working in a residential neighborhood when he noticed that a nearby porch was engulfed in flames. He immediately grabbed the portable fire extinguisher he keeps with him, ran over to the fire, and used it to extinguish most of the flames. Portsmouth firefighters were able to knock down the […]

Read Full Story »

Woman saves barn from 80 miles away

Woman saves barn from 80 miles away

West Sand Lake, NY – On a recent Friday evening, a woman was watching a livestream of a pig enclosure at a farm 80 miles away when the pig knocked a heat lamp into a pile of hay. As the woman watched the rapidly spreading fire, she began calling every phone number she could find […]

Read Full Story »

Couple puts out boat fire with extinguisher

Couple puts out boat fire with extinguisher

Waldport, OR – An Oregon couple was waiting at the Port of Alsea to pick up food when they noticed smoke beginning to billow from a docked boat. The couple ran to the boat and discovered that the fire was spreading from a battery located on a commercial boat. Then after successfully searching the surrounding […]

Read Full Story »

Fire Safety Hero Award Winner: Jarrod R.

Fire Safety Hero Award

Congratulations to our Fire Safety Hero Award winner, Jarrod R. Here’s their fire safety story submitted on our website.   Weeks after moving onto my new property in a rural area I was filling up a large water tote off my newly dug well because the electricians still needed to come permanently hook up my […]

Read Full Story »

Fire Safety Hero Award Winner: Blaze F.

Fire Safety Hero Award

Congratulations to our Fire Safety Hero Award winner, Blaze F. Here’s their fire safety story submitted on our website.   My tractor started on fire caused by electrical issue. My wife used 2 fire extinguishers. And held fire at bay [until] fire [department] came. Not a total loss [thanks] to my wife’s fast acting. Fire […]

Read Full Story »

Fire quickly extinguished at Manitowoc Co. Sheriff’s Office

Fire quickly extinguished at Manitowoc Co. Sheriff’s Office

Manitowoc, WI – Employees at the Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office in Wisconsin quickly extinguished a fire. The small fire occurred in an HVAC control panel on the 2nd floor mechanical room on the Administrative side of the building. The fire was put out by two portable fire extinguishers. The Sheriff’s Office says there was no […]

Read Full Story »

Windber man saves own home with fire extinguisher

Windber man saves own home with fire extinguisher

Windber, PA – Fire officials from Windber, Pennsylvania say that a man saved his family after a fire started in the home’s third floor living space. After smelling smoke and hearing the fire alarms go off in his home, the man rushed to the third floor and put out the flames with a portable fire […]

Read Full Story »

Fire Safety Map

Are You Safe? Does your building require fire extinguishers throughout?
Every state has a State Fire Code with a section on fire extinguisher requirements. To get an overview of what state fire codes are based on and if states have made enhancements to fire codes visit the Interactive Fire Safety Map.

View Map »