KALAMAZOO, Mich- A quick thinking father jumped into action, extinguishing a car fire before it could spread to a nearby home. The vehicle hit as many as three homes before it caught fire after crashing into another house. Awoken by his son, who heard the crash, the man saw the fire from his home, grabbed […]
HAZELTOWN, PA – Quick action by a homeowner controlled a small electrical fire in his basement and prevented it from spreading further. The homeowner noticed the fire after investigating his electrical panel box. After finding smoke in the basement, he successfully deployed his portable extinguisher to begin extinguishing the fire. According to Valley Regional Fire […]
ATWATER, MN – A car and semi-truck were involved in a collision on U.S highway 12 in Atwater. The semi-truck had stopped to make a left turn when the car rear-ended the truck. The car caught fire upon impact, yet the fire was able to be contained by the semi-truck driver using his portable fire […]
ETNA, ME – An employee of AAA Fire Extinguisher Co. assisted in extinguishing a grass fire on Interstate 95. The employee was traveling from Bangor to Augusta in a company vehicle when he noticed smoke on the highway around 11:30 a.m. Upon further inspection he realized it was a grass fire. He then pulled over […]
GRAY, ME – An assisted living facility fire was contained with no injuries thanks to the quick thinking of a staff member using a fire extinguisher. Residents of Gray Manor are now back at the facility. Gray’s Fire Captain said crews were called to the assisted living facility around 6:05am for a small bedroom fire […]
NIPTON, CA – A fire at the Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System broke out after a mirror misalignment caused sunlight to burn through electrical wiring. The fire began around 9:30am, according to a Facebook post from the San Bernardino County Fire Department. Fire officials said that flames could be seen near the ninth floor of […]
ABERDEEN, WA – The quick actions of an employee kept a small fire from becoming a large fire in the warehouse of a business that sells harbor equipment, according to a press release from the Aberdeen Fire Department. An employee said that he was getting ready to lock up the building for the night when […]
ALBANY, GA – Fire authorities in southern Georgia are warning residents to make sure that all electrical items are properly plugged into electrical outlets. This warning was prompted due to a fire that broke out at the Morningside Assisted Living Center. Investigators said a fire started in one of the rooms due to an air […]
Are You Safe? Does your building require fire extinguishers throughout?
Every state has a State Fire Code with a section on fire extinguisher requirements. To get an overview of what state fire codes are based on and if states have made enhancements to fire codes visit the Interactive Fire Safety Map.