Wal-Mart employee stops electrical fire with an extinguisher

COLUMBIA, MO – A Wal-Mart employee called the Columbia Fire Department when a small electrical fire started in the store’s meat department. The employee then put out the fire using a portable fire extinguisher. It took the Columbia Fire Department only five minutes to dispatch to the store, but officials state that the fire was […]

Read Full Story »

Albany City Employee Saves Resident from House Fire

ALBANY, GA- An Albany Utilities technician saved a family, and their home, after a stove caught on fire from an electrical shortage. At the time that the fire started, five members of the family were inside the house, and the utilities technician was working at a house three doors away. When the technician heard the […]

Read Full Story »

Laptop Bursts Into Flames, Owner Says Laptop Was Charging

SHAWNEE, Kan. — Firefighters were called to a home in the 8900 block of Rene Wednesday morning after a laptop computer burst into flames. Paul Kupperman said his wife, Juli, was at home reading e-mail on a different computer when the Sony Vaio laptop computer caught fire. “Flames started to shoot out from all different […]

Read Full Story »

Teen uses fire extinguisher to save mobile home

BRATTLEBORO, NC – Brattleboro firefighters were called after a grease fire broke out on the stove of a local mobile home. Firefighters later said that they originally expected to arrive at the scene to a large fire. Much to their surprise, the 19-year-old teen that was at home when the fire started had used a […]

Read Full Story »

Father hailed a hero for putting out car fire after crash

KALAMAZOO, Mich- A quick thinking father jumped into action, extinguishing a car fire before it could spread to a nearby home. The vehicle hit as many as three homes before it caught fire after crashing into another house. Awoken by his son, who heard the crash, the man saw the fire from his home, grabbed […]

Read Full Story »

Homeowner uses portable extinguisher to contain electrical fire until Firefighters arrive

HAZELTOWN, PA – Quick action by a homeowner controlled a small electrical fire in his basement and prevented it from spreading further. The homeowner noticed the fire after investigating his electrical panel box. After finding smoke in the basement, he successfully deployed his portable extinguisher to begin extinguishing the fire. According to Valley Regional Fire […]

Read Full Story »

Driver uses extinguisher to contain car fire on U.S. Highway 12 in Atwater

ATWATER, MN – A car and semi-truck were involved in a collision on U.S highway 12 in Atwater. The semi-truck had stopped to make a left turn when the car rear-ended the truck. The car caught fire upon impact, yet the fire was able to be contained by the semi-truck driver using his portable fire […]

Read Full Story »

AAA Fire Extinguisher Co. driver helps extinguish grass fire off I-95 in Etna

ETNA, ME – An employee of AAA Fire Extinguisher Co. assisted in extinguishing a grass fire on Interstate 95. The employee was traveling from Bangor to Augusta in a company vehicle when he noticed smoke on the highway around 11:30 a.m. Upon further inspection he realized it was a grass fire. He then pulled over […]

Read Full Story »

Fire Safety Map

Are You Safe? Does your building require fire extinguishers throughout?
Every state has a State Fire Code with a section on fire extinguisher requirements. To get an overview of what state fire codes are based on and if states have made enhancements to fire codes visit the Interactive Fire Safety Map.

View Map »