Women rescued by Good Samaritan with extinguisher

Posted on 12.5.18

ROGUE VALLEY, OR — Days before Thanksgiving, a Medford woman was on her way home for the holiday when she was involved in a head-on crash in Utah. The woman was trapped in her car as it caught fire. A Utah resident passing by jumped into action and extinguished the fire using a portable extinguisher […]

Read Full Story »

Electric scooter giant Lime recalled scooters due to fear of fire

Posted on 10.30.18

LAKE TAHOE, CA – Lime, one of the nation’s largest electric scooter companies, pulled thousands of its scooters off the streets since this summer after discovering that a small number of them may be carrying batteries with the potential to catch fire. In one recorded incident, the Lake Tahoe Fire Department was called to the […]

Read Full Story »

Good Samaritan puts our car fire with extinguisher

Posted on 10.9.18

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – A quick-thinking Good Samaritan put out a car fire in Fort Lauderdale by using a portable fire extinguisher from a nearby Walgreens. Witnesses say they saw a car burst into flames while it was traveling down the middle of the roadway. A bystander pulled up next to the car, ran from […]

Read Full Story »

San Angelo City Hall fire put out with extinguisher

Posted on 9.11.18

SAN ANGELO, TX – About 25 people had to evacuate from the San Angelo City Hall after a toaster oven in the basement caught fire. Three fire crews were dispatched to the City after the incident was reported. Ultimately, the fire was put out by a portable fire extinguisher before the fire crews could arrive. […]

Read Full Story »

Teenager credited with extinguishing kitchen fire

Posted on 9.6.18

LEBANON, OR – A Lebanon teenager is credited with stopping a kitchen fire in his home after a pan of grease caught fire. The boy’s mother has started cooking on the stove, but went outside and lost track of time. She then realized that there was smoke coming from the kitchen and ran back inside […]

Read Full Story »

Boy Scout extinguishes apartment fire

Posted on 9.6.18

ORANGE COUNTY, CA — Using the knowledge he learned from being a Boy Scout, an Orange County teenager was able to use a portable fire extinguisher to put out a fire in his apartment building. He was originally alerted to the fire by his neighbor shouting for help. The Scout immediately jumped into action by […]

Read Full Story »

Extinguisher puts out television fire

Posted on 7.29.18

LANCASTER, PA – A Lancaster man went to bed early one Sunday morning and left his flat screen TV on playing music with a timer to shut it off after an hour. Instead, the man woke up to the TV on fire on a table at the foot of the bed. The home’s smoke alarms […]

Read Full Story »

Good Samaritans put out fire with extinguisher

Posted on 7.26.18

IDYLLWILD, CA — A group of good Samaritans extinguished a fire that was starting to spread near the already destructive Cranston Fire in Riverside County, CA. Two coworkers were on their way to work when they spotted the fire just off the side of the road. They pulled over and started to flag down other […]

Read Full Story »

Fire Safety Map

Are You Safe? Does your building require fire extinguishers throughout?
Every state has a State Fire Code with a section on fire extinguisher requirements. To get an overview of what state fire codes are based on and if states have made enhancements to fire codes visit the Interactive Fire Safety Map.

View Map »